Major Joint Replacement Program (Hips and Knees) and Rheumatology (Arthritis and Osteoporosis) With Recognized Research ExpertiseThe Musculoskeletal program provides inpatient and outpatient services encompassing orthopedic surgery, plastic surgery, rheumatology, and neurosurgery.
- 28-bed inpatient unit
- Specialty surgical procedures including; total joint replacement of the hip and knee; surgery on the shoulder, elbow and small joints of the hands and fee
- The program is recognized for its expertise in back care, both from the orthopedic and neurosurgical perspectives
- Rheumatology service focuses on the problems of osteoporosis and is nationally known for its clinical innovation and research expertise
- Outpatient assessment and treatment of new or recent bone injuries in addition to inpatient follow-up post-operatively
- Preoperative education classes are held to educate patients and their families on hip, knee, and back surgery care
- The clinic provides services for 12,500 patients annually
The Regional Joint Assessment Program supports a chronic disease management model for Osteoarthritis for patients with lower extremity joint problems involving the hip and knee.
The inter-professional health team assesses the patient and assists the patient in determining the best personalized treatment plan which may include either non surgical or surgical choices up to and including joint replacement surgery if needed.
Please visit our website for more information http://www.replacemyjoint.ca